Notifications
Clear all

Concord USI Range Pistol Target requirements

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@abengelbrecht)
Topic starter  

New member here. I looked at the Concord USI Range site, but was not able to find out the requirements for targets at the range for handguns.

Do they provide a board to mount targets on? What are the size(s) of targets allowed (also can targets be purchased at the office)?

They also stated that no human silhouette targets are allowed, that correct?

Apologies for the newbie questions, but I have never been to that range and want to avoid not being prepared when driving out there. Thanks.

ReplyQuote
Christopher Payne
(@christopher-payne)
Illustrious Member Admin

Posted by: @abengelbrecht

New member here. I looked at the Concord USI Range site, but was not able to find out the requirements for targets at the range for handguns.

Do they provide a board to mount targets on? What are the size(s) of targets allowed (also can targets be purchased at the office)?

They also stated that no human silhouette targets are allowed, that correct?

Apologies for the newbie questions, but I have never been to that range and want to avoid not being prepared when driving out there. Thanks.

Yes you will be provided a cardboard backer where a standard NRA target will be pasted on already. Not sure of the size but its large enough for any pistol target.

Shoot n See target are for sale in the store.

Correct. There are no humanoid target allowed on the public range.

Arrive with you gun in a case. Have both your member card and valid id. 

Have fun, shoot straight, listen to ROs if they tell you to do something.

ReplyQuote
(@abengelbrecht)
Topic starter  

Thanks Christopher, this is very helpful.

ReplyQuote
(@abengelbrecht)
Topic starter  

Thanks again, went out there today and it was very clean and fun. Helpful and friendly staff as well.

I got some of the stick on targets they sell there 5" diameter or so, but should have mounted my 12x18" dirty bird targets. It looked like the cardboard is large enough to fit 2 of those side by side. I need the bigger target on the further posts (17-18') and for some of the faster ammo I shot (had some operator accuracy challenges). 

I do recommend people go to the website and watch the video and complete the quiz before going to the range, if you haven't been there before. I saw quite a few people show up without doing so.

ReplyQuote
Share: