Notifications
Clear all

11.27.21 @ 8AM - Sanctioned IR5050 .22 LR benchrest + option for 200 yard or factory fun gun match

4 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@pierre)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Shooter friends,

Quick reminder that our  next Concord  Sanctioned IR5050 .22 LR benchrest  match will be Saturday 11/27/21  at 8AM.  As usual the  range will open  at 7 AM.  Please come early to set up and register.  Cost will be $19 for the main 3 card match + an additional/optional $1  for the optional fun event that will follow.  Please bring exact change with preferably small bills. This will be unlimited class and most will shoot custom benchrest rifles, but a number of shooters also compete with factory rifles so please come with what you have.  

The main match  will consist of 3  IR5050 cards as usual. It  will be sanctioned and subject to official IR 5050 rules. We will follow it up with a couple options for the fun match:   Option 1- our usual fun gun (factory) one card 50 yard match shot on bipods or sand bags (no benchrests) for those interested.  Option 2-  at the same time,  we will shoot one card  200 yard match with our benchrest rifles.   We will have a sight-in period before the 200 yard match to dial in  our scopes from 50 to 200.  For those who want  to shoot 200, please consider setting up your rifles with a 20 MOA rail or shimmed scope rings.      

Please share with your friends & let me know if you intend to come & what fun event you want to shoot so I know how many frames to put out there.  We have 20 benches but we only have 15 2x4 rigid frames that will go to the first 15 shooters.  If more than 15 shooters come, they  will need to use the 1x2 frames.  I will draw benches and send out bench assignments on Friday.   This will allow us  to comply with IR5050 by randomly selecting benches ahead of time so as not to give anyone unfair advantage or the appearance of an advantage.  

Happy shooting 

Match results of previous IR5050 matches can be viewed here look for  Diablo. 

Unlimited list -  shooter rankings by points  can be viewed here *

This topic was modified 2 years ago 3 times by Pierre

ReplyQuote
(@pierre)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  
Below are  the bench assignments for tomorrow's Concord match.

Am super excited we will almost have a full house with 19 committed shooters.  We will hold two separate matches run at the same time.  Benchrest shooter will compete against each other & factory class will compete against each other for the main 3 card match.   

After the main match, we will hold an optional fun match:
-Option 1 - our regular  fun (factory) gun or 
-Option 2 - a 200 yard match with our benchrest rifles.  

Thank you Sean for helping set up the range today, for drawing the benches  and for shooting bullseyes at 200 yards the target  .  (His 200 target posted below.. unbelievable shooting)    I certainly hope you do not shoot like this tomorrow at the 200 yard match 🙂 

The 200 yard dope seemed to be +- 25 MOA from 50 yard  for standard velocity ammo.  

After the match, I will hold the range open until noon for anybody who wants to hang out and shoot.'

Happy shooting tomorrow... I  hope the day is as nice as today was.  

[img] [/img] 

[img] [/img] 

[img] [/img] 

ReplyQuote
(@pierre)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

11.27.21 Diablo Match Report –

We had great day today at the MPR range for our regular monthly IR5050 match.  Our best attendance yet with 17 shooters: 12 who shot with Unlimited guns and five who shot with factory.  We followed up the main batch with an optional 50-yard one card factory gun match   & a 200 yard .22 benchrest match.  The 200-yard match consisted of 10 shots on each of two large targets.   Was a super nice day.  Wind was quite light but still challenging as it was not steady and ever changing,  specially as the match progressed.     It appears good fun was had by all. 

Hope to see all of you back next month. 

Results: 

Main Benchrest Match 

• Congratulations to Joel who finished in First Place in Unlimited for the main match with 749 & 45X using a Turbo with a Mueller barrel. Noteworthy are his two 250’s   in addition to his 45X’s.   Way to go Joel!!   
  • Congratulations to Dave Austin who finished in First Place in Factory for the main match with 705 & 10X using a CZ 452 Varmint.    Way to go Dave !!   

200 Yard match

• Mark Calloway who is new to the match won the 200-yard match with a score of 177 out of a possible 200 with is Custom Kidd 17/22.  Congrats Mark!!

Factory Fun Gun Match

• As usual Phil won the fun Gun Match with another perfect score of 250 shooting his  Feinwerkbau 2500!!    Way to go Phil!    I cannot wait for my own Feinwerkbau to get out of jail so that maybe I can give Phil a run for his money  in the fun gun match. 

Next match currently falls Christmas day (4th Saturday of the month)  which will not work for all of us.  I am working on rescheduling it.  Most likely will be the day before at 1 PM or possibly after the day after Christmas.  I will post the date of the December match in a bit & email everyone. 

I want to thank everyone who came out to shoot and help out today.  Special shout out to Sean who helped set up, take down & run the match, Dave Austin who help run & take down the match, Josh who helped scored factory guns  and to our MVP and master scorer Greg. 

Happy Holiday to all & happy shooting!  

[img] [/img] 

[img] [/img] 

[img] [/img] 

[img] [/img] 

[img] [/img] 

[img] [/img] 

[img] [/img] 

e__t__m reacted
ReplyQuote
(@e__t__m)

Hi All - this is Eric. Thank you all for letting me watch the match, last Saturday. It was good to meet many of you and I'm now working on getting a RM rifle built. Happy Holidays to all!

ReplyQuote
Share: